Russian spaghetti: international made easy
By Beverly Scholnick
A friend of mine prepared this dish for me when I visited her in Russia. This sweet and creamy pasta is a delicious international meal, and best of all, it’s simple and inexpensive to make.
2 ½ cups Cooked Spaghetti
1 Tbs Butter
1 slice of White Bread
1 Tbs Mayonnaise
1 Tbs Sugar
- Prepare spaghetti and set aside in a pot or mixing bowl
- In a pan, melt ½ Tbs butter and add the slice of bread. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown underneath. Add remaining butter to the pan and flip the bread onto the butter to cook the other side. Cook until golden brown and remove. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Add sugar and mayonnaise to spaghetti and mix until spaghetti is evenly coated.
- Once bread is cool, fold it in half and shred it with a cheese grater (If you don’t have a cheese grater, you may cut or tear the bread into large crumbs manually).
- Mix shredded bread crumbs into the pasta.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve and enjoy.
Average Price Per Serving: 75¢