A college budget holiday gift guide
By AMANDA MOTLEY
Giving a gift can be stressful and expensive, especially for someone on a college budget. There are gift guides all over the Internet, suggesting expensive and lavish gifts, but these days everyone is on a budget. While I have no money in my bank account, I also love to give gifts. To me, it is just a small way to thank someone for being a great friend and celebrate the season.
I sat down and looked through all of my favorite stores for gifts that you can get at under $30. Pictured are just a few of the great gifts that I found.
1. Portable charger: I am always running out of phone battery. My phone is my life. It’s my personal assistant, note keeper, planner and a way to view daily emails. I am sure most people can relate. This pocket charger is a way you can make sure your loved one never runs out of battery. You buy the charging piece and they can plug their USB cord into your device to make sure it never runs out of juice.
2. Record: This is a great gift if the person you are getting the gift for has a record player. Not only do I think they sound better, but they tend to be the same price as a CD. Most modern artists have records available, or you can get a classic artist. Records can be found at stores like Barnes and Noble or antique shops downtown.
3. Bow ties: From dads to boyfriends to friends, everyone needs a bowtie or tie for a special occasion. They offer a crisp look that can be dressed up or down. I have walked around campus on numerous occasions and seen men dress their outfit down with a bowtie. It makes for a simple and generic gift that can be found almost anywhere.
4. Portable Lens: We live if an age where technology rules. Everyone can be a professional photographer with these portable camera lenses. They can just pop on the lens and take professional photos on the run. If you want to splurge, you can get a few as a gift. They come in multiple lenses, including Telephoto, Wide Angle and Macro lens.
5. Lush store bubble bars: For the person in your life that likes to pamper themselves this is the perfect gift. These bubble bars range from $6 to $15 and can be crushed under running water to create a soothing bath. They all have different properties that allow them to do different things. The bubble bomb that is pictured makes the bath glittery and is soothing to the skin. They come in a variety of different shapes and colors so you can cater to the receiver.
6. Coffee Mugs: Coffee mugs make a really cute and simple gift for everyone on your gift list. Stores offer a wide variety of fun designs and sizes. You can get one for everyone on your list. Pair it with their favorite coffee or K-cups for a simple and inexpensive gift.