D.I.Y.: Homemade Lip balm
By NOELLE PAOLICELLI
Everyone knows what it is like to have peeling and cracked lips. Lip balm is one of the most commonly used products to maintain healthy lips. Did you know that many lip balms contain chemicals, alcohol, salicylic acid and artificial fragrances? Homemade lip balm is a fabulous gift for anyone. It is easy to personalize and it is nice to know exactly what ingredients are going into making it. Not to mention, if you like making it, you can turn it into a small business. Students are always looking for cute, homemade things to buy on the “Give it, Lend it, Sell it” Facebook page. Most importantly, it’s fun, so invite your friends over and get crafting.
1 glass bowl
2.5 tablespoons of coconut oil
1.5 tablespoons of beeswax (found on Amazon)
12 drops of the essential oil of your choice (you may use multiple scents or just one)
10 empty lip balm containers (found on Amazon)
- Combine beeswax and coconut oil in a glass microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave until all ingredients are melted and well blended.
- Remove bowl from the microwave and add drops of essential oils.
- Mix well with a whisk.
- Pour the mixture into the lip balm tubes.
- Let them cool until the lip balm is hard.
- Cap and label (don’t forget to be creative).