By AMANDA MOTLEY
The middle of the semester hits hard, and that means worrying about appearances takes a backseat to worrying about passing midterms. Waking up for a 9 a.m. French class is difficult enough without having to take the effort to look presentable. Fashion and looking good is just not a priority when there are papers and clubs and tests to be taken care of.
However, there is still that one girl who looks perfect. That one girl who, despite the fact that the rest of the class looks like death rolled over, looks awesome. How does she do it?
In reality, it really is not that difficult. Looking good can be achieved by simply paying attention to small details that will go the extra mile.
Enter: the hair bow.
The ‘just out of bed’ messy bun suddenly looks chic when paired with this adorable hair accessory. It is shocking how this easy addition can take dirty hair from gross to somewhat cute. Even in jeans and a sweatshirt, this little accent will go a long way for helping you look put together.
Putting the bow together is easy. Follow these simple instructions to create a simple way to spice up an every-day hair-do so you can walk into class looking put together without all the effort.
• Two pieces of fabric (7”x5”) and (2”x4”)
• A ruler
• A hot glue gun
• 1 hair clip
- Cut the fabric into the two differently sized pieces.
- Start with the larger piece, and fold it “hot dog” style, so the edges meet in the middle. Then glue
- Next, fold the edges in about an inch, and glue.
- Turn it over and pinch in the middle. Then put a small amount of glue in the center to hold the middle in place.
- Next, take the smaller and skinnier piece of fabric and fold it “hot dog” style and glue. It is best to glue on each end and not in the middle, as it may show through the material.
- Now place a dot of glue in the middle of the bow, and wrap the skinny long piece around. Make sure the glue does not show.
- Glue the hair clip to the back of the finished bow.