As a financially struggling college student, I am always looking for dishes I can make easily and take with me on the go. I especially like pizza and this is one food you can either make healthy or cheese it up for that day when you just need a little comfort that can only be fulfilled by junk food.
Pizza can be, however, very messy and not exactly a food you can eat on the go. Half of the time pizza ends up on my shirt instead of my mouth. I sought out to discover the perfect portable pizza dish that would travel with me on the go or delight me on a plate to eat at home – with any topping I could imagine.
Originally, I found this recipe on Pinterest and modified it slightly after trial and error. This is one of the easiest and best and is guaranteed to please the masses.
We can all relate, I’m sure, when I say that campus dining begins to get tiresome at this point in the semester. So, why not grab a few ingredients and make a great dinner? This recipe is so simple you can even make it in your dorm room kitchen.
1 can of pizza dough or biscuits
2 cups mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons of parsley flakes
1/3 cup olive oil
1 8oz. bag of pepperoni
1 cup Parmesan cheese flakes
Optional: Garlic or garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cut pizza dough or biscuits into smaller pieces
- Cut the pepperoni into smaller pieces
- Toss the dough, pepperoni and remaining ingredients in a bowl until all pieces of dough are evenly coated with oil and everything is evenly mixed.
- Spread mixed ingredients evenly onto a cookie sheet or pizza pan with sides touching.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the top is brown and the center is thoroughly cooked.
Before removing from oven, make sure the middle is thoroughly cooked. Let it cool slightly and cut into easy to handle size pieces for at home or “on-the-go” dining. I found that both pizza dough and biscuits work equally well for this recipe, and you can use just about any topping you usually would put on a pizza. Use whichever base you prefer, and let your imagination be your guide for the toppings! Bon Appétit!