By HAVEN SCOTT
This past Tuesday, the University of Mary Washington celebrated a much-needed snow day. While that meant no classes, it also meant that we had more time on our hands to do things we love, such as baking, drinking hot chocolate or watching Netflix. If you are like me and love to bake, then these easy Oreo truffles are the perfect project for you. They are easy to make but delicious with creamy Oreo filling and a hard chocolate outer shell that is to die for. I have made them a couple of times before, and they were an instant hit. These truffles will have everyone in your Residence Hall or apartment craving for more.
36 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
4 package (4 oz. each) semi-sweet chocolate, broken into pieces and melted
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 1-inch balls and then freeze for 10 minutes or until firm.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate into a microwaveable bowl. Microwave on high for 2-to-2 ½ minutes or until chocolate is complete melted. Make sure to stir every 30 seconds.
- To easily coat the truffles in melted chocolate, put one truffle in the bowl at time. Use two forks to roll truffle in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove truffle with forks, letting excess chocolate drip back into bowl. Place truffle on prepared baking sheet; let stand until firm.
- Refrigerate one hour or until firm.