By NOELLE PAOLICELLI
With the summer months quickly approaching, making a brownie bowl to hold your ice cream is genius for these hot summer days. This treat is scrumptious and adds the right amount of sweetness to your day. It is a quick, easy and creative recipe that gives the impression that you spent hours in the kitchen. Want to make this treat a little healthier? Fill it up with in-season fruit such as strawberries, blackberries or peaches. Add a spoonful of whipped cream to the top to take this dessert to the next level. These bowls are exciting for everyone and it is always fun to have an edible bowl be part of the dessert. This recipe was perfect for a Friday night sleepover with my young cousins. They very excitedly watched the brownies bake while they were in the oven. Thank goodness the brownie bowls only took 15 minutes to bake. My cousins anxiously waited while I took them out of the oven and began to add their favorite flavors of ice cream in the bowls. Of course, they had to add the chocolate syrup and sprinkles. They could not wait to go home and tell their parents about this delicious treat that they had helped create. Need a break from finals? Head to the store and buy some brownie mix, ice cream, fruit or sprinkles. And don’t forget to get some extra spoons for friends and family, they will not want to miss out on this summertime treat.
1. Follow the directions for your favorite brownie recipe to make the batter.
2. Spray the cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray and add brownie batter to each cup until they are about half full.
3. Bake according to mix but you can also choose to make them chewier. Once you take them out of the oven quickly take your other muffin tin and dip it into the pan to create a bowl-like brownie.
4. Once they are formed, you can place back in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes to harden, if you choose.
5. After the bowls are completely cool, add a scoop of ice cream, top with chocolate sauce and sprinkles. Enjoy!