Every fall semester, students are hit with the stress of finals, whether it is two weeks or a week before finals. But what do we do or what can we do to limit some of that stress the weekend before finals week?
With various activities in Fredericksburg and in the surrounding area, there are plenty of ways to destress. Here a few great options all available to us:
- Sky Zone Fredericksburg – An exciting indoor trampoline park that features a variety of attractions located under ten minutes away from campus.
- UMW Galleries – Explore the galleries dedicated to advancing the education goals of the University through the collection, preservation, exhibition, and interpretation of works of art. Come and promote the arts education on campus and in the local community!
- Central Park – This complex is located ten minutes away from campus and has over 255 business, both national and local.
- Fun Land of Fredericksburg – An indoor and outdoor amusement park offering mini-rides, go-karts, arcade games, rock wall climbing, and more, and is also located within ten minutes of campus.
- Paragon Village 12 – Located just ten minutes from campus, this movie theater does not just offer over ten big screens, but has a bowling alley, a full bar, an “extreme theater,” and reclining seats. This is an easy place to get to, but now the seats and amenities are even better!
- Downtown Fredericksburg – Sometimes just getting outside is the best break! Visit various historic sites or shop/eat at local businesses. There are a few bookstores you could stop by and studying in, along with a few great coffee shops to refuel!
- Rush Hour Live Escape Games – This premier escape room features five different room themes to enjoy. This is perfect for groups of people who enjoy working together to solve puzzles, clues and riddles in a fun, and immersive environment. Located in the Spotsylvania Towne Center.
- Break It Fredericksburg – Now here is a place where it is okay to literally break things. They provide a room, safety protection, breaking tools, and breakable items. Located within 15 minutes of campus.
- Washington, DC – Within an hours drive, depending on traffic, you can be in our nation’s capital and explore various galleries, museums, and monuments. The US Capital is filled with history and fun places to explore with friends. Plus it allows for you to really explore and find a new thing to enjoy!
- Richmond, VA – Also within an hours drive from campus, depending on traffic, stop by our state capital to experience the arts, culture, and various music venues. Much like downtown Fredericksburg, there are many local shops and restaurants to visit and support.
No matter what you do to relax and distress, make sure to take the time for yourself – whether you get off campus or find something fun to do on campus.